Toronto Songwriters Association meetings are held on the second Friday evening of each month at a member’s home. The location alternates between east, midtown and west Toronto.
The format of the meeting is:
- The host sings first.
- The order after that is voluntary, with assignment songs usually going first.
- Bring your guitar. A keyboard is available at the meeting, but you are free to bring your own if you prefer.
- Bring printed lyrics for 10 people.
- First you sing, then you pass the lyrics around. Some participants prefer to have the lyrics in hand while you present the song. That’s okay too.
- Participants may or may not ask questions or make comments about your song. They may ask you to sing the song (or parts of it) again. You can present more than one song if time permits.
- It’s okay to bring an unfinished song, a work in progress.
- It’s okay to bring back a song that you have revised.
- There is an optional songwriting assignment, described on the website, on the Assignments page.
- Attendance varies between 6 and 15 people.
- Bring your own refreshments. The host may or may not provide something.
- At the end we determine the location of the next meeting, decide on the next assignment, and discuss other business.